Summer Sewing

This week I've been using my sewing machine to make a couple of summery garments.

For this top ( made for my Mum ) I used a New Look pattern 6871 which includes four other versions of this style as well.

I also altered this dress of Little L's in to a pair of shorts. I think that she has only worn it twice and now outgrown it.

I used pink tape to cover the side seams and reused the covered buttons from the dress by sewing them on the bottom of the seam.

Knowing Little L's aversion to dresses I think that she may get more wear from a pair of shorts and she has already been looking for something suitable for chopping up and altering.

No comments