Spring Flower Garland

After taking down my last garland ( a Christmassy one ), I was now faced with an empty space again in my hall so this week I decided to make another. This time one with flowers to remind me that Spring isn't too far away.


Materials
Felt - 2 different shades in pink, green and blue and 1 shade in yellow
Embroidery Threads
Beads
Buttons
A length of ribbon or binding to attach the flowers


I cut the flower shapes from the pink felt then using a contrasting shade of embroidery thread, sewed around each shape in running stitch. The flower middles were cut from yellow felt using pinking shears then all the pieces were stacked on top of each other, a button was placed in the centre then sewn together as in the photo.


Small circles were cut from the contrasting shades of blue felt then I snipped out tiny triangles around each circle to make it look more flower like. These were then placed on top of each other with a bead in the centre, then sewn together.


The leaf shapes were sewn together using a contrasting thread.


I wanted to place the blue flowers and leaves in a little cluster and as the binding I was using was quite narrow, I positioned all the pieces onto a small piece of felt then sewed them on. When I had finished I snipped off the excess felt.


The flowers were attached to the binding by sewing the larger flowers through the button and the flower clusters were sewn on through the felt holding the cluster together.



7 comments

twiginwater said...

This looks awesome! Thanks for sharing

amy said...

My window looks bare too--we had the advent calendar and before that, a thankful banner, so I started a wintry one. So much more winter to go here! But your flowers are so cheery!

Stephanie said...

Awwe, this would look so nice strung along my bookshelves!
Feel free to submit this to my link party, would love to share it with more people!
http://toastiestudio.blogspot.com/2012/01/made-monday.html

Unknown said...

This is just so darling! It's the perfect way to bring spring in a hurry! Thanks for the patterns, too. I think I may make one of these soon!

FlyAwayHome said...

This is adorable. I love the spring colors you used. Thanks for sharing.

Misty @Creative Itch said...

Cute garland!! Thanks for sharing @'Sew Cute Tuesday'!

Waseem said...

This is beautiful....I love the colours you use.


Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia
Send Flowers To Pakistan From Australia