Bobble Crochet Pillowcase Edge

I love bobble edge trim and wanted to try and replicate a bobble edge using crochet. I'm sure there must be another way of making a crochet bobble but this is the only way I know.



Foundation Row  Edge the pillowcase using blanket stitch, 1cm down from the edge and the stitches 1cm apart

Join the wool in to a blanket stitch using sl st

Make bobble - Ch4, 3tr (leaving the last loop from each tr on the hook), pull wool through all 4sts, ch4, sl st in to htr.

Row 1  - 3dc in to each blanket stitch, join the row end with sl st

Row 2 - 4ch, skip 2dc, htr in next dc, * 2ch, skip 2dc, htr in next dc. Repeat from * to end, sl st in ch2 of beg 4ch.

Row 3 - Ch4, 3tr (leaving the last hoop of each tr on the hook), pull wool through all 4sts, ch4, sl st into beg of 4ch, * 2 sl st across 2ch, sl st in to htr, 2 sl st across 2ch, sl st in to htr and make bobble. Repeat from * to end. Fasten off with sl st.

7 comments

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

hello!
thanks for your visit! love to see you in my blog.
It's been quite a while and I appologise for that. My time is little but I try to strech it... :)
But here I am and I loved you news.
big kiss from Portugal!

Kate said...

This trim is so pretty on the pillowcase and rather old fashioned - I like that. I remember growing up with crocheted trim on all sorts of linens that we used.

Anonymous said...

I'm from america. Happy holiday's! What does htr mean? Thanks!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

In the USA its a half double crochet. Us brits call it half treble. Hope that helps :-)

Janice Kay Schaub said...

I love this, I did learn to do that in school, oh so long ago when home crafts were taught in school. I now grab any I find at sales or antique shops. It used to be cheap to pick those things up but not any more. I will have to begin doing my own again
Janice

Shell said...

Thanks for visiting the blog Janice :)
I have not spotted any pillowcases for a long time in my local charity shops ready to crochet or embroider on for a while. Doilies are an another thing which I don't seen to see much of these days.Still I'm anyways on the look out.