Crochet Kitties And Fighting Bugs

This last week I have mainly been fighting bugs off. A lot of lounging and soup eating was done as every one in the house fell victim to coughs, colds and sore throats but we are all slowly getting back to our usual selves.


Over the past couple of days I made these crochet kitties. The pattern was a free one found on Ravelry by Stina Berggren. The pattern name is Kitty Coin Purse. The size is ideal for a mobile phone so I made 3 for my youngest son and his friends and 2 which I filled with a bit of stuffing and sewed the end up to make a little square cat.



To cheer myself up because I was bug ridden I bought this book, Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. I was Christmas shopping on a book site at the time and I can't help popping myself one in the basket. I love watching Triple D and seeing the restaurant owners cook. I think its because we don't have anything like it round here. All we have is the usual big name fast food chains and I would have to be paid to eat the muck they sell. It may be a bit difficult to find some of the ingredients in the book in one of our supermarkets as they are American but there are afew online sites which ship American food in the UK and looking through them, the ingredients won't be too hard to find. I can't wait now to get my taste buds back so I can try some of the recipes out.

I hope everyone has a great weekend.
( Still having comments problems so thank you to Val, Tracy and Linda for the comments on my last post )

2 comments

Patty said...

Your kitties are so cute! I wish I knew how to crochet. Watching Diners Drive-ins and Dives makes me drool. The food always looks so good. I have the second cookbook from the show but haven't made anything from it yet. Good luck with making some of the recipes!

SUSSEXMOUSE said...

Your kittens are so cute. I wish I could crochet too :)