Crochet Pillowcase Edge


This weekend I rummaged out some odd pillowcases which I had and treated them to a crocheted edge. I made the pattern up as I went along and I have put it below incase anyone wants to use it.



Foundation Row - Edge the pillowcase using blanket 1cm down from the edge and the stitches 1cm apart
Join wool into any blanket stitch using a sl st. I always joined at one of the seams.
Row 1 - 3dc into each blanket stitch, join row end with sl st
Row 2 - 4ch, skip 2dc, htr in next dc, * 2ch, skip 2dc, htr in next dc. Continue from * to end , sl st in ch2 of beg 4ch
Row 3 - As row 2
Row 4 - 3ch, sl st into the sl st made to join the end of the last row, * 2dc in 2ch space, sl st in htr,   3ch, sl st into previous sl. Continue from * to end.

I hope this makes sense to anyone trying to follow it and if you find any mistakes please feel free to let me know . I've discovered that it is so much more easier to read a pattern or go into autopilot and do your own thing than try and write down instructions. Hats off to all the pattern designers out there.

6 comments

Miss Val's Creations said...

This is such a cute idea! Crocheting has always been a craft I struggle with. Someday I will take a class in it! ~Val

Sarah said...

The blanket stitch makes sense... had wondered how you started off so neatly.

Shell said...

Thanks Val and Sarah.
My gran showed my how to make a granny square years ago but besides that I have mainly taught myself crochet through books.

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

THANK YOU!! I've wanted to crochet an edge on some plain towels and now I know how I can do it!! :)

TracyMB @ Crows Feet Chic said...

OH! It was YOUR blog where I discovered the blanket stitch! :) I've got three towels done, one to go! Thanks again!! xo

Shell said...

Glad you like the crochet edge TracyMB
I've not tried it on towels yet, I'll have to give it a go :)