Recycled Skirt

Last night watching the news it all felt a bit surreal. Watching all the damage being done to communities mainly by people no more than children. Facebook and Twitter were kept on most of the night to keep in touch with friends regarding what was happening in our own small town. There were a few rumours but I think they were just that. I was still slightly wary of letting my boys in town this morning even though they were only nipping in to buy some maggots for fishing. Anyway they were there and back in a flash and now gone off to catch so tiddlers. 

On a brighter note I managed to drag my sewing machine out yesterday and I mean literally drag as it is stored under our bed.




A couple of weeks ago as I was walking down the garden a gush of wind blew my skirt and it snagged on our old rabbit run and ripped a pretty big hole in the side.




It has now has a new life as a tote bag. 
This is the first one I have ever made and it was so quick to put together. I can see why so many people make them.





2 comments

Miss Val's Creations said...

What a great reuse of the damaged skirt. This is adorable! It is scary what is happening. We are seeing it on the newscasts here. I hope everything calms down very soon! ~Val

Shell said...

Thanks Val :)
Concerning the rioting,everything seemed calmer last night so I hope that's the end of it now.