My Crafty Year

As we are heading towards a new year, I took a look at what I had been doing craft wise during 2011.


I seem to have steered more towards embroidery and sewing this year. This is mainly because crocheting and knitting cause my hands to be more painful. I'm just going to have to slow down a bit with hooks and needles I think.


I joined in my first stitchalongs


and made my first tote bag.



I've also been using felt quite a lot this year. I find it nice to work with and inexpensive. Plus easy to find, my mum and sis often bring me a few squares when they have seen some out shopping.


Next year I want to make start on my youngest boy's blanket again. The blanket is a hexagon pattern but as you can see from the photo, I made pentagons. I didn't discover what I had done until I tried to sew them together and they didn't fit. I am such an idiot at times.
Another thing that I want to do next year is to start an ort jar. I only recently heard of them when I found this tutorial about how to make fabric using thread scraps. I think its a great idea to use the scraps which would otherwise end up in the bin.

Best Wishes To All For The New Year





2 comments

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

WOW great crafts!!!
Thanks for coming to my blog and I wish you and your lovely family a wonderful 2012. All the best!
big hug :)

Miss Val's Creations said...

Happy new year! The ort jar is so creative. It will be interesting to see what you come up with when the jar is full. Oops on the quilt pieces. We all have those moments!