Painted Owl Pictures

I recently came across this tutorial and popped it into my favourites. Although I don't have any spare windows knocking about, I thought that I could maybe make something like this on a smaller scale so when I found some old clip frames lurking in the back of a cupboard I knew what they were destined for.
I used the templates from All Things Thrifty for my pictures but instead of using felt for the owls I used acrylic paint and backed the frames with a small piece of fabric.


I printed out the owl template that I wanted to use then traced the outline on to the glass using a permanent pen.


I then filled in the owl using acrylic paints ( it took about 3 coats to cover it properly )


Using spray adhesive, I glued some fabric onto the back of the frames. When the owl's were completely dry, clipped them in to place with the painted side facing inwards.
The owl pic's now have a home in Little L's room.

2 comments

Miss Val's Creations said...

These are absolutely adorable!!!!

APO (Bem-Trapilho) said...

hello dear! thanks for you visit to my blog.
This owls are fantastic. loved it!
I want to wish you a Merry Christmas! :)
big hug