A Quick Catch Up

I didn't realise it has been so long since I last posted anything but we haven't been up to a great deal here due to cold and sickness bugs doing the rounds.
At the beginning of the month we had another day out at the beach where Little L saw her first jellyfish 



and caught her first crab.



We went swimming while we were there this time (in a pool though not the sea). This is the first time I've worn a swimming cossie for over 20 years. I don't much like the idea of wearing them because I'm not very covered up and to me its not much different than walking about in my underwear which is something I wouldn't be caught doing in front of complete strangers. Anyway I braved it and donned a cossie. My swimming cossie has a skirt attached so it was more like wearing an extremely short dress so it wasn't so bad after all. I must say that I certainly didn't take to the water like a duck more like a stone. Trying to swim after 20 odd years made me feel like a new swimmer but I liked to linger in the shallow end with Little L. Another thing water wise which I thought a bit odd was the water seemed to me slightly murky. After conferring with the boys,  I have found that because I need to wear specs now a days that maybe that is the problem.


On the way back home we went to take a look at The Duke of Lancaster ship again. This is the latest art work which has been added.


I've not been doing much craftwise as I'm finding it far to warm here at the moment. I made a start on another crocheted hexie blanket


and finished off this top for Little L which I made with wool passed on to me by my sister's friend. It is a very pale blue colour which I can't seem to pick up in the photos.


At the end of last week one of Little L's teachers asked me if I could alter some of the curtains in the classroom. They just needed taking up ... taking up by quite a lot. They were enormous. Almost four and a half metres wide and very heavy. I ended up cutting off 47 inches to make them the required length which was a 31 inches. I was asked if I could make some cushion covers with the off cuts so I'll be doing that some time during the Summer holidays. This is an off cut from one curtain folded in half. When Anders saw it on the washing line, he asked if I'd bought a marquee home.




No comments