Liebster Blog Award

Last month I was delighted to find that I had been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by the lovey Star of the Pink Sovereign blog.  Thank you so much Star.


The Liebster Blog Award Rules

- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog

- Display the award on your blog by including it in a post and/or displaying it using a 'widget' or 'gadget'

- Answer 11 questions about yourself which will be provided by the person who nominated you

- Provide 11 random facts about yourself

- Nominate 5 - 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers (You can always ask the blog owner this as not all blogs display a widget showing this information)

- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer

- List these rules in your post. Once written and published you then

- Inform the people/blogs that you have nominated them for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so they can learn about it.

My 11 Answers

1. Seeing as this blog is Pink Sovereign - what is your favourite colour and why ?
Purple. I don't know why. It doesn't suit me to wear but I'm drawn to anything in purple bottles like cleaning products and the last couple of houses I have lived in, I have decorated at least one of the rooms in some shade of purple.

2. What is the most expensive thing you have ever bought?
Just for myself, it was a sewing machine.

3. What song(s) do you associate with your childhood?
My parents always had music blaring when I was little, usually stuff from the 60's or Motown. Though my Dad used to try and sneak on a bit of Pink Floyd which my Mum can't stand.

4. What food if any tempts you into eating it because it's appearance was so appetising?
If there is anything that I can't resist food wise which sometimes finds its way into my shopping trolley, its a nice gooey looking chocolate cake. It don't do it often and I don't get to eat much of it with there being 5 of us in the house but that's no bad thing.

5. Are you a cat or dog person?
If both myself and eldest boy weren't allergic to cats, we would have had a cat years ago so I'm a catless cat person.

6. Who is your idol?
I don't think that I have one.

7. What do you hope to have accomplished by the end of this year?
More blog posts.

8. To get from A to B, what is your preferred method of transport?
Walking. The price of using public transport here is disgusting so I would sooner use my legs.

9. What is your lucky number and why?
4. I don't know if it's lucky or not but if I have to pick numbers I always go for anything with a 4 in it.

10. What TV show, song, film or personality is guaranteed to make you laugh?
My husband and kids are guaranteed to make me laugh. Someone always comes out with something daft in this house.

11. What achievement are you proud of?
The one that I'm most proud of is too personal to share.

11 Random Facts About Myself

1. I'm not really into sweets but I can't resist a Drumstick Lolly.
2. I love analogue cameras and have a small collection of 17 ranging from old waist view cameras to the more modern toy cameras. I didn't set out to collect them and received most as presents.
3. Even though I live in trainers and boots, I have a thing for pretty and unusual high heeled shoes. I never wear them out because I don't want them ruined so I just trot about the house in them.
4. I never eat breakfast because it makes me feel queasy eating first thing in the morning.
5. Over the past few years I've got into watching Studio Ghibli films with Caleb. The last one we watched was Panda, Go, Panda which Little L thought was hilarious.
6. This is something that bugs me - when people say a percentage over 100. You can't get higher than 100 so when someone on TV comes out with 120% or 150%, it drives me nuts.
7. I'm pretty short, almost 5' 1". About 10" shorter than my husband.
8. My oldest item of clothing is almost the same age as me. It is a hooded jumper that my Mum knit for my Dad when I was a baby. I have the original pattern that she used for it as well but it would probably cost a small fortune to make one these days. It's a really snuggly jumper and still gets worn on the odd occasion.
9. I love going out and exploring new places even if they aren't far from home.
10. My favourite author is Clive Barker
11. One of my biggest hates is people ruining books by folding down corners, leaving them spread face down so that it ruins the spine, etc. In fact I tend not to open books fully when I read them because I don't want to crease the spine. I always thought I was a bit weird with my book thing but one night I was reading and my brother in law visited, he saw me and started laughing because he does the same thing.

My Nominees

Anne of A Little Fur In Paint
http://alittlefurinthepaint.blogspot.co.uk/

Kate of By the Babbling Brook
http://bythebabblingbrooke.blogspot.co.uk/

Jenny of WINNIBRIGGS HOUSE
http://winnibriggshouse.blogspot.co.uk/

Paula of Homemade Life
http://paulashomemadelife.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol of the cow jumped over the moon
http://taraegon.blogspot.co.uk/

My 11 Questions

1. What was the first record you ever bought ?
2. Where is the most beautiful place you have visited ?
3. What is the strangest food you have ever eaten ?
4. Why did you decide to start blogging ?
5. If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be ?
6. What was your favourite book as a child ?
7. If you could live any where in the world, where would you choose ?
8. What has been the most disastrous thing you have made or baked ?
9. Do you collect anything ?
10. What is you favourite snack ?
11. If you could get rid of any modern technology, what could you happily live without ?

Phew ! I think that has been the longest post I've ever done.


4 comments

Star said...

Purple is my fave colour too! :)
Most expensive thing I got was my laptop, but I value it greatly. Oooo, chocolate cake :D I have a friend who has a cat but is allergic to the cat. A shame =(
I didn't realise the cost of transport was so extortionate where you are. O_O

I love your random fact number [3], it sounds a lot like me or my sister. Studio Ghibli!! Excellent choice. :3

6. Ohhh I get you!! But I think it depends on the thing, numbers can be strange. I dunno if I got this down, but I thought an example would be like; if person A spends £10 but they earn £20, then they are making back 200% because they are making back the full amount twice over. It's a bit weird. I get your frustration.

11. Thats quite funny, I was telling my Mum about that the other day as I do the same thing. She, though, is happy to bend a book right back until its spine breaks. *shudder*

Great response! That was so fun to read.

Carol said...

Thanks so much, Shell! I'll do a post next week as I have to come up with some questions.

You're the second on-line pal to mention Studio Ghibli yesterday! I'm very found of "Kiki's Delivery Service".

Have a wonderful weekend!

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Hi She'll. Thanks so much for your kind invitation, but I will have to decline. I am away at the moment and I am so involved in a new project that between that and looking after my grandsons, I barely have time to write a short post at the moment or keep up with all the lovely blogs I follow. It was very kind of you to think of me though and I have read your post with great interest and a smile on my face. Have a great weekend.
Jenny x

Paula said...

Thank you for my award, I'm now going to answer your questions on my blog :-)