Royal British Legion Poppies

Recently the wool shop in my local town have been asking for knitters or crocheters to make some poppies for the Royal British Legion's Poppy Appeal so popped in a couple of weeks ago to see what it was about.
The shop has been working with The Royal British Legion on the knitted/crocheted poppies. Both the patterns and the wool choice for making them has been approved. Everyone making the poppies has to use the same wool so they will be uniform and the patterns are free. Ten per cent of the profits from the wool is being donated to the Royal British Legion.
Once all the poppies have been handed to the shop some are going to be used in a Remembrance Day display at the Lion Salt Works Museum. After this they will have brooch backs attached then be sold to raise money for the Royal British Legion.


The black wool used for the centre is glittery with different colours running through it.



I tried both the knitted and crocheted pattern but everyone in my house preferred the crocheted version so I stuck to that pattern.


In total I made 22 which I dropped in to the shop this week. They're not sure how many they have yet, it sounded like quite a lot though so I hope they hit their target number.

No comments