Book Shopping

Not having bought any craft books for a long time, last week I went shopping on Amazon. Not much caught my eye but I added a couple to my wishlist and bought this one, Pixel Crochet .


I chose this because everything is made up from the same crocheted square pattern in rounds of 2, 3 or 4 then sewn together later. Nice and easy to do while watching the telly.


I've already made a start on this rabbit cushion. 52 little squares have been crocheted. The pattern requires 182 so I've quite a way to go yet.


I quite like this fox blanket from the book


while Little L has her eye on the space invader cushions.


The book contains more designs than actual finished items which are mainly cushions and blankets but the charts could be used for a number of other crafts too such as cross stitch, knitting, patchwork and Little L could use the designs for her Hama beads.


Another book I purchased at the same time was Meg. Fiction about a prehistoric shark might not be everyone's cup of tea but I'll been looking for this one after reading that it was going to be made into a film. I hope it does get made because we do love a good monster/shark film in this house.

No comments