Tim Burton Stitchalong

I've not done any embroidery for a while nor participated in a stitchalong so when I saw the Tim Burton stitchalong hosted by Follow the White Bunny, I had to join in as I love sewing embroidery from illustrations.


The illustration which I used is named Staring Girl and can be found in the book The Meloncholy Death Of Oyster Boy & Other Stories. It's only a small piece, measuring aprroximately 11cm x 10cm. I used water colours for the coloured parts and one thread of black embroidery cotton for the sewing. Having done this style of embroidery before I found out that if the fabric is fine I then end up with lots of trailing black thread showing through from the back so I doubled the fabric this time. I've not used water colours on fabric before and think that if I use them again I should made them bolder to stand out a bit more especially when I am using all black to sew with.


The flickr group for this stitchalong can be found here.

2 comments

nicole follow the white bunny said...

oh wow, you did a great job! I still have to start mine :)

moonstruckcreations said...

How fantastic - I love Tim Burton and I love embroidery, but never thought of putting the two together!

I have just found your blog and enjoyed reading your posts - so now I am your newest follower!

Helenxx