You Beauty Box - May

Yesterday my You Beauty box was delivered, just the thing to brighten up a miserable rainy day. This is only the second time I've tried this box and I love it. It is the least expensive beauty box I have bought so far and it's contents make it very good value for money.


It is a subscription box which costs £6.95 free p+p - subscription may be cancelled at any time. You Beauty select a shortlist of products each month and as a member you can choose two to be put in your beauty box. As well as your two chosen items the box also includes a couple of samples, a booklet with information about that months shortlist products and some promotional codes.


The extra's this month were a popband, which I was delighted about as I use these to loosely tie my hair up in bed, a sample of VERSO Super Facial Serum and a £15 Anne Semonin gift card.



My first choice for this months box was this SHOW Pure Treatment Oil for hair (RRP £50). I love the packaging, the bottle reminds me of an old fashioned perfume bottle. It is suitable for all hair types and can be used on wet or dry hair. The oil strengthens and moisturizes the hair, smoothing and taming fly away hair.



The oil has a dropper dispenser which I didn't expect. As I've said before I'm always wary of trying new products on my curly hair. Bad results can go one of two ways, my hair could get a wet look to it, my curls go hard and crispy or my hair looks limp, a bit oily and my curls drop out.
I tried the oil on wet hair, applying just to the length, then clipped it up and left it to dry naturally. ( I clip it up because that way I don't just get curls at the bottom of my hair due to the weight ). I'm very pleased with the results from the SHOW oil. My hair was wonderfully soft and shiny, my curls big and bouncy. Its a fantastic product for my hair and as it is a 60ml bottle, it will last a long time.



My second choice was L'Occitane The Vert & Bigarade Eau De Toilette (RRP £8) simply because I love to try out new perfumes. It has a lovely fresh light scent, great for Summer but unfortunately after wearing I found it to be quite weak and could hardly smell it. This fragrance is also suitable for men so I know that one of the males in my house will use it instead.
I can't wait to see what the shortlist is for the next You Beauty box.



No comments